Monday, May 25, 2015

It's Mint Julep Time at Thistle Cottage ~ Here's The Recipe!

 
Fresh Mint Juleps from Thistle Cottage

 
It's Mint Julep time, here at Thistle Cottage!  I have two large pots of mint, that are doing really well in the full sun. I love to mix-and-match the spearmint, applemint and Kentucky mint in my recipes!
 
Lately, I've been making batches of my "Minty Simple Syrup", which I use in my favorite Mint Juleps!  Here's the recipe:
 
 
MINTY SIMPLE SYRUP:
 
Pick 2 quarts of fresh mint. Wash the mint, remove the leaves and discard the stems.  Place 2 cups of sugar in a large saucepan.  Add 2 cups of water.  Stir the sugar water over medium-high heat until boiling.  Add the fresh mint leaves.  Stir.  Turn heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.  Strain the Minty Simple Syrup into a container. Refrigerate.  Discard the mint leaves.
 
MINT JULEPS:
 
Fill a glass with ice.  Add 2 shots of Minty Simple Syrup. Add 1 shot of Honey Bourbon.  Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: